Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hold on, cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride

As I sit here and watch tonight's new episode of Jersey Shore 3, I toggle back and forth between a few tabs open in my Safari window: Twitter, Blogger, Facebook... and OkCupid.

For the first time since I started Facebook, I feel that it's taken the backburner to Twitter.  I started tweeting in March 2009 and only within the last couple of weeks have I been actively (read: obsessively) checking it.  I realized that with less actual "friends" than I have on FB, I can just spew out random thoughts, comments, and quotes to those people who CHOOSE to follow me.  I love how kinships are formed, you get "introduced" to other people, and it's a whole world of difference from FB.

And thanks to some newly formed friendships on Twitter, I decided to:
A) start a new online dating profile:
  - don't feel like paying for match any longer
  - the one i'm most active on has been filled with plenty of duds... although some have been interesting experiences... but i digress.
B) start BLOGGING!

So... so far, I've gotten a few emails on the new dating site and I have to keep a running track of this, hence this blog.  For you followers, I encourage you to sit back and enjoy some of the funny, embarrassing, and hopefully entertaining experiences that I'll be sharing with you.  But ya better buckle up, cause this adventure is bound to be a good time.

As I'm no English or writing major, my grammar, punctuation and choice of words might offend some, but (and let me make my first "slip") go suck a nut if it does.  Don't read anything else and beat it buddy.

On a parting note, here are a compilation of the first few emails I received *my comments in bold*:
1. "i like you smile" oh yeah buddy? well I dont like YOU pick-up line.
2. "i like you style" from the same guy... and i repeat above comment.
3. "weird question but....would you be interested in modeling? im a photographer looking to do some amateur stuff.... just wondering :) check out my profile... i promise im legit!" PREDATOR ALERT! sure thing guy, if you pulled up to me in a van offering kittens and coloring books, i'd be sure to jump in there too.
4. "just wanted to say I like your dimples and your curves" although this one was harmless and sweet, his profile picture was of himself with emphasis on his crotch.


and off i go, fist pumping my way into a deep sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I like to think the new relationship, OKCupid, and new blog references are all thanks to me :) Welcome to the world of dating bloggers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, partially, and yes! (my friend chris mentioned OKC to me earlier in the day... that's why i was eager and willing when you mentioned it) :) Thanks Meg!

    ReplyDelete