Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cali, AC, and Me


I don't have too much to report on. Things in my life are quite calm at the moment. I'm back from my trip to California and simply had an amazing time with the other half to my "Pea in a Pod". She was a great hostest, shopping buddy, tattoo/piercing partner, and the best tour guide I could ask for. We traveled as far north as Cambria to see hundreds of elephant seals lounging on the beach, all the way down to Santa Barbara where we shopped on State Street, had lunch on Stearns Wharf, and walked a farmers market.

I mean, let's be serious. I went across the country to see one of my best girlfriends. It wasn't all PG-rated sight-seeing. We partied HARD. Tried some new shots (cactus cooler, ninja turtle), drank a shit ton of beers, had a happy hour with margaritas on the cliffs above the ocean in Shell Beach, and drank on the day of my flight back home til I had to leave to go to the airport. Between being up early for my flight the morning I left, the time change, and the late night out at the bar, I was up for over 24 hours my first day on the West Coast. Oh, and within four hours of landing, I got a new tattoo... followed by the "you went 3,000 miles to get a tattoo of the state of New Jersey?" comments. Yep! I sure did. And I'm absolutely in love with it.


After the worst red-eye flight experience ever (middle seat, 32nd row, and a minor cold), I had two days to lay low, and then hit the road Friday night to head down to Margate, just south of Atlantic City, with my longest friend, who owns a beach house, and best friend. We like to call this our "escape from reality" weekend where we sleep, watch QVC, and have a low-key night in AC, going out to dinner and playing some penny slots.

Not much exciting is going on in the boy department, but this is quite the relief. I parted ways with the boy I had met through my friend, as he was a bit too clingy while I was on vacation and just wanted too much, too soon. He's a great guy, but not the guy for me. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the time I have for myself, my friends, and my family. Between working out, wedding planning with my sister, and just the normal day-to-day activities, I'm loving my slow-paced life. Generally, I'm a very giving and selfLESS person, but I must say that I'm REALLY enjoying not having to be concerned with someone else's schedule, issues, and shuffling my life around to be with him. Call me self-centered, but that's exactly what life is about: ME! Although, sometimes, my friends beg to differ ;)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the West Coast jaunt was dreamy and just what you needed. Nothing like some time with an old friend to remind you about what's good in life. Kudos to your liver for hanging with you, too, Jersey Girl!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was what i needed, for sure! and my liver is a tough cookie. sometimes it hates me, but then i try to make up for my mistreatment. :)

    ReplyDelete