Friday, April 8, 2011

C U Next Thursday

Teehee ;)

Quick (and i mean, QUICK) recap of life before I head off to California for a much needed and deserved vacation.

-Officially off all the dating sites. I've been on and off a couple of them since the summer and need a break. Had some great experiences, some horrible experiences, and some definite great conversation-starter experiences. Now it's time do just let things happen the natural way.

-... and speaking of... a friend of mine set me up with a long-time friend of hers. We've been out on two dates and he seems like a genuinely nice guy (although, we've seen where that leads me a few times in the past). We have plans to hang out when I get back from vacation and he's eager to make plans for things in the next couple of months. I'm working on going slow, getting to know each other, and enjoying this part of our friendship. Time will tell what he has to offer, but at least he comes with a respectable recommendation. That can be the best and worst of being hooked up with a friend of a friend: great if it works out, but someone can be hurt or pissed if it doesn't. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

-My sister's wedding plans are going so well. We chose a makeup artist and need to choose the hairdresser. The part I'm looking forward to most is having our ENTIRE family back in Jersey at the same time. This hasn't happened in over 20 years? It's a big deal and family always makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

That's really about it. Work is good, the family I'm watching are on vacation this week too, so I have a paid week off and I'm less than 24 hours from hopping on the plane and heading across the country for the first time. My homegirl from Rowan University is out there, impatiently awaiting my arrival.

Plans for the week include, but not limited to:
-celebrating a buddy of hers' birthday Saturday night
-recooping Sunday
-beach, tanning (my fave!), sunsets, lounging
-bike rides up the coast
-Santa Barbara day (and possibly over-night) trip
-nose piercings (for her - mine is already pierced. she's waiting for me to get there to do it!) and tattoos (I'm thinking getting a Jersey-esque piece of art somewhere on my foot...)

Deuces, East Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment