Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just a Few Random Thoughts...

~Today is 4/20. Never been one to prefer smoking weed over booze and, let's be serious, if you're over the age of, say, 21, is there really a need to dedicate a day to the "holiday"? I shouldn't throw stones tho, being that I do enjoy a few (dozen) couple of beers here and there, but still.

~I'm wearing leggings as pants today. Some people have an issue with that: they don't consider leggings as "pants". I don't give a crap, especially if I wear a long shirt to cover my ass.

~Beer bottles make me all warm and fuzzy inside. No explanation needed. ;)

~Tonight I'm choosing to go to the wake of a former preschool student of mine's father who passed away unexpectedly. She is only in kindergarten and has a toddler-aged brother as well. Their mother is one of the sweetest mothers I came in contact with in the 6 years I worked at that school. All the support she gave me while I was going to school while working there as well as encouragement to leave and begin a new career was incomparable. Although I didn't see the father as much as I did my student's mother, the times I was in contact with him were some of the sweetest, most loving interactions between him and his daughter. The way she led him around the classroom, showing him her projects hanging on the wall, was enough to make you stop and appreciate the closeness the two of them shared. Being so close to my dad, and having him deal with some serious health issues a few years back, this entire situation has had me, yet again, put life in perspective. And I'll leave you with this: live your life like today is your last. You don't know when it will be taken from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment