Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jersey Girl Meets The Godfather

After a week of consistent texting and a few long phone calls, IT and I had our first date last night... and I'm still smiling.

He had all four (the plan was only two) of his wisdom teeth taken out Friday morning and he text me right after surgery. We talked all day and continued to talk about our plans for hanging out sometime this weekend. Our plan was to shoot for Sunday but if he was feeling alright, maybe Saturday. So on Friday afternoon when he asked if I would be interested in coming out to Staten Island to hang out with him and watch a movie the next night, I got super excited. I told him that we would play it by ear, depending on how he was feeling and if he wasn't up to it, we'd reschedule.

All day yesterday we talked, he was feeling ok: sort of uncomfortable and some pressure but no pain. He said he was taking it easy so that he'd be up for spending time together tonight. We planned for me to leave after dinner time and get there around 8ish. I had absolutely no feeling of anxiety or nervousness about meeting him on his turf, going to his house. My mom was more concerned that by me going there, it would start us off on the wrong foot: me going to him. (With past relationships, I was the one to put in most of the effort and she didn't want to see that happen to me again.) I genuinely feel the potential this guy has is way different than anyone I've experienced before. Unfortunately, I won't know until I get to know him better, but the feeling in my gut is all good.

So I hit the road, looking cute yet casual in leggings, long sweater, flip flops, hair straightened, and date-worthy makeup. The ride was so easy! My house is about 20 minutes off the parkway and his is less than 15, with a total ride time of less than an hour. I get to his house, he meets me outside of his gorgeous house. Since his grandmother was still visiting and he didn't want me to have to meet him AND her for the first time, he offered to take me down to the beach before we hung out to watch a movie. We hopped in his truck and took the couple minute ride down to the water where there's a park and gazebo overlooking the gorgeous and breathtaking skyline of Perth Amboy. Ha.

We talked and spent about an hour out there commenting on the gorgeous shade of brown the water was, the mysterious items floating by, and watched as two oil rigs competed in a race up the river. We laughed and elaborated on subjects we had touched base on through texts and phone calls: colleges, jobs, families, our shared love for "Jersey Shore" and the Yankees, and our first thoughts of each other after finally meeting. I busted his chops about his chubby cheeks, swollen from the surgery. Minimal physical contact was made but we were both definitely into each other.

After our teeth were chattering, we headed back to the car and went to the house. His grandma was still there, so I briefly met her. She headed down to her apartment and we snuggled up on the couch to watch "The Godfather". I think he was shocked that I had never seen it, and as much as I tried to focus on it, I was way more into the big hunka man meat that was sitting next to me. It all felt so natural and comfortable to be with him... and we both commented on that.

I wound up leaving around 230 this morning and as soon as I left him, he text me saying "great night!" We even text each other at the same exact time this morning saying good morning...

I'm so hopeful and certain that this might be something good. Sigh.... :)

1 comment: