Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Boys, Weddings, and the West Coast

So the Wild World of Dimps has been more like "The Tame World of Dimps" lately. Quick recap on the boys I'm I had been talking to:
ST gave me an easy-out during a brief texting session the weekend of my birthday shenanigans. I had responded with a one- or two-word text to which he replied: "that response is a convo ender. hit me up if you ever feel like talking or hangin out again sometime. whatever". So, I haven't and I won't. He was boring and every time I text him (unless I was a few drinks deep), it felt forced.

Steelers Boy faded off as well as Security Guy. Both wished me a happy birthday (sweet that they both remembered) but I haven't missed or thought about them since. As far as Mr. No-Balls, I haven't heard from him since he said he was going to be in town that Wednesday like a month ago. So typical. I guarantee I'll hear from him before the end of the month and he'll be singing the same old song: "I'm so sorry." "I pussied out." "I miss talking to you, I should be in town soon"... and we'll talk for another week and then he'll disappear. Or maybe I'll just delete him off bbm now and save me the hassle. (Although he does have my number and will probably send me a text like he did last time I deleted him.)

Besides weeding out the trash, there's one boy I just started talking to this weekend and I'm not sure where it will lead, but he's got some good qualifications: tall Staten Island not-so-guido looking Italian teacher. So far I've concluded only two (yet semi-big in my world) faults: he hates when bars play 80's rock songs (ugh). Excuse me, but once I hear "...Jesse is a friend, yeah, I know he's been a good friend of mine" over the speakers, I squeal and start dancing like a fool. He also says that even though he's built like a linebacker (yummmm-o) he cannot get interested in football (double ugh). Luckily its Yankee season and he says he goes to about 15 games a year (helllooooo, free $9 beers!). But besides those two faults, I get his sarcasm and humor thru texts, he's incredibly sweet, family oriented, and already planning our first date for this weekend. He's getting two of his wisdom teeth out on Friday and if he's healing well, he's determined for a Saturday hangout, but if not, then hopefully Sunday. We shall call him... Italian Teacher.

Other than those updates, not much else has been happening - birthday came and went, I'm certifiably considered in my late 20's now that I'm 28, and I'm still living it up as a single gal who loves her life no matter if a boy is involved or not.

And on that note, I have much to look forward to in the weeks ahead:

My sister's wedding planning is in full effect and we have begun the hunt for makeup and hair stylists. I ordered my maid of honor dress and (aside from the fact that fancy dresses run 6 sizes bigger than my actual size) I can't wait to get it on and see how cute all us girls are going to look.

St. Patrick's Day debauchery is right around the corner. My home town celebrates by hosting a HUGE parade the Saturday before, and as always, me and a few friends have already started planning outfits, pregame rituals, and will start training our livers now. When you are our age and living in or close to this town, you attend the parade... but "watch" from inside the local bars, doing irish car bombs (well, not me, I find them gross) and chugging the specially-ordered plastic 16oz bottles of beer they bring in (and jack up the prices for) on this "holiday" of drinking. Bars open at 10am and there is usually a line formed by 9-930am in front of most. It's a sea of green, stumbling people by noon, and I'm usually face down in bed by 5pm (hopefully) sleeping thru my hangover to wake the next morning feeling golden.

Another exciting event I have planned is a trip to visit one of my best girlfriends from college. In August she abruptly packed up her belongings and hauled her and her life across the country to San Luis Obispo, California where she is working for a local college in their athletic department. So in April, I'm packing my flip flops and headed west for the first time. I've been told by multiple people that I won't want to come back. My mom, however, has told me that I WILL be coming back. The only thing I was told by my friend was that I'm not allowed to "be all wifey'd up" when I come out there.

... which means I'll probably find my soul mate within the next month. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment